Cardholders with a current library borrower account in good standing (fines under $5.00) are eligible to borrow iPads. Borrowers agree to assume responsibility for borrowed iPads and agree to pay any fees (including the $450 replacement value) incurred for damages sustained while the iPad is in their possession. Borrowers must adhere to the “Rules of Use” below.
iPad will be checked out with a cover, which should not be removed.
iPads may be borrowed from the Curry Public Library Service Desk during regular hours and are loaned on a first-come, first-served basis. To see if one is available, check the Curry Public Library Catalog under title “iPad,” call (541) 247-7246, or visit the Service Desk in person.
If all iPads are checked out, you may ask the library staff to place a hold on the next available item. There are no advance reservations allowed.
iPads are loaned for a 2 hour period and may be renewed unless a hold has been placed on the device by another patron. To request a renewal, visit the Service Desk in person.
Rules of Use
- Users are not allowed to borrow more than 1 iPad at a time.
- Users over the age of 18 must give their driver’s license to library staff during the iPad checkout period. The driver’s license will be returned when the iPad is returned.
- Individuals between the ages 5 and 18 may check out an iPad with no ID, but they must have a library card with a parental responsible party listed in good standing (fines under $5.00).
- iPads checked out to children under the age of 11 will receive a device configured only with children’s learning apps.
- Late return of an iPad will result in an immediate block of borrowing privileges; the following fees may be assessed and loss of iPad borrowing privileges may result. There will be a 15 minute grace period before fines are assessed, but if the device is returned more than 15 minutes late, a $5.00/hour fine will be assessed to the user’s account.
- If the device is not returned by the time the library closes for the day, the user’s account will be charged for the full replacement value of the iPad.
- Checkout periods are 2 hours.
- Users are responsible for making sure that the iPad does not get damaged, lost, or stolen while it is checked out to them.
- Apps and content may be loaded on the iPad using your own accounts. When an iPad is returned, all data and settings will be wiped from the device.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for any problems that the iPad may cause to any other equipment or networked accounts (like iTunes or personal Apple accounts) to which the iPad is connected.