Curry Public Library provides a range of services to assist people of all ages with job seeking, resume building, career counseling, the development of workforce skills, and assistance with educational funding.
Contact Rusty White to schedule a one-on-one consultation: firstname.lastname@example.org, 541-247-7246
Career Services for Youth Ages 16-24
The library in partnership with the Southwestern Oregon Workforce Investment Board (SOWIB) provides work readiness and career services for youth ages 16-24. These services include:
- Job searches
- Resumes and interviews
- Technology training
- Career counseling
- Skills development
- Work experience placement
- Financial assistance
To make an appointment with the Career Navigator, Rusty White, contact Curry Public Library at 541-247-7246.
Public Computers and Internet Service
The library has 10 computer workstations equipped with Microsoft Office and high speed internet access. Patrons with wireless laptops, smart phones, and tablets can access the internet through the library’s free wi-fi.
Copy, Fax, Scan, and Print
The library is equipped with a fax machine, laser printers, sheet feeding and graphic scanners, and a photocopy machine for patron use.
Information About Jobs & Careers
- Curry Public Library’s books about careers and business can be found in the Call Number Range – 658-659
- Library to Go: Online Business Books: View and check out business books online through Library to Go.
- Careers: View and check out career books in the Coastline Libraries.
- Job Search: View and check out job search books in the Coastline Libraries.
- CareerOneStop: Career Exploration: Use these free online tools to assess your skills and then explore your career options. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Mapping Your Future: A guided tour to choosing a career, from identifying skills and interests to occupations, career goals, school selection, and more.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Describes what workers do on the job, working conditions, training and education needed, earnings, and expected job prospects for approximately 250 occupations.
- Oregon Employment Department: Learn about Oregon State programs to assist people with their job search.
- O*Net Online: Information on nearly 1000 occupations that can be browsed by occupation or by skills.
- Small Business Resource Center: Search this online resource to learn how to start, finance, or manage your small business. Resources include sample business plans, how to guides, articles, and websites.
Resume and Cover Letter Tools
- Cover-Letters.com: Provides detailed information concerning employment letters of all types.
- Cypress Resume Builder: Provides a “wizard” to quickly create a professional quality resume.
- Glassdoor: A website to help people everywhere find jobs and companies they love. Glassdoor holds a growing database of 6 million company reviews, CEO approval ratings, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, benefits reviews, office photos and more. Add to that millions of the latest jobs — no other community allows you to see which employers are hiring, what it’s really like to work or interview there according to employees, and how much you could earn.
- Worksource Oregon: Worksource Oregon has a list of resources and jobs for job seekers as well as information about unemployment.
Learning Express: LearningExpress Library helps students and adult learners improve the skills required for academic and career success and features practice sets and tutorials to develop skills in math, reading, writing, and basic sciences. Popular software tutorials, Internet instruction, and basic computer instruction are also included. Some of the practice tests include GED, COOP, HSPT, SAT, ACT, AP, PSAT/NMSQT, ACCUPLACER, ASSET, and COMPASS, career certification tests such as NCLEX-RN, Praxis I® and II, and more.
GED Prep: Contact Rusty White (email@example.com) to sign up for GED preparation courses. Financial assistance is available.
Southwestern Oregon Community College
Gold Beach Center
Address: 29392 Ellensburg Avenue/PO Box 590
Offers GED prep courses, college courses, other training opportunities, and a job board.
South Coast Business Employment Corporation (SCBEC)
PO Box 2338
16261 Hwy 101 S Suite 11
Brookings, OR 97415
Services are available in Gold Beach and Port Orford by appointment only. Ask to speak to a SCBEC representative.
Department of Human Resources
Address: 29392 Ellensburg Avenue/PO Box 590