Borrowing, returning, and renewing items can be confusing. On this page we have attempted to provide simple and comprehensive guidance. To start, you will need a library card. Learn how to get a card here.
Borrowing Library Materials+
Library materials can be borrowed in person at our facility. Your card will also work at any other library in Curry and Coos Counties. Materials can be borrowed under the following guidelines.
- Books & Audiobooks: 3 weeks. Limit 50 at a time, 2 renewals.
- Movies: 1 week. Limit 6 at a time, 2 renewals.
- Magazines: 3 weeks. Limit 10 at a time, 2 renewals.
- Library2Go Digital Items: 7, 14, or 21 days (your choice). Limit 6 at a time, no renewals.
- Lucky Day Items: 3 weeks (books) / 1 week (movies). Limit 2 at a time. Lucky Day books and movies are high demand items that cannot be reserved and cannot be renewed after being checked out.
Reservations may be placed for all items in our online catalog (including items from other libraries in the Coastline network). Please speak with library staff or login to your online account to place a hold. You will be notified when the item arrives, and you will have nine days to pick up the item(s) from the shelf in our lobby. You may place up to 6 holds at a time on e-books and e-audio through Library2Go. These holds will be available for 72 hours. Items from libraries outside of the Coastline network may be ordered on request for a cost of $2 per item. Please speak to one of our librarians to request an item from outside of the Coastline system.
Help Logging Into Your Account+
You can request, renew, and reserve items from other libraries, and much more by logging into your online library account. To login to your account:
- Go to the Coastline login page.
- Enter your library card barcode number.
- Enter the last 6 digits of your card as the password to get into your account.
- Once logged in, start searching and requesting items. You can also place holds on items that are already checked out. Your hold will place you in line to get the item when it becomes available. Any items you place on hold can be picked up at the Coastline library of your specified choice and may be returned at any Coastline library.
- This login and password will also work for Library2Go.
For more guidance on how to login and use your library account, check out our video guides on Youtube.
Renewing Borrowed Items+
Checked out items will automatically renew until you have reached the number of allowed renewals, or if another patron has placed a hold on the item.
Fines and Fees+
Curry Public Library is a fine-free library. No overdue fees will be assessed for late returns. Please note, you will be billed for the full replacement cost of items that are not returned 21 days after their due date.
To ensure that you do not get billed for the replacement of long overdue items, and to receive timely information on arrived holds, contact library staff to set up email notifications.