- This event has passed.
Gingerbread House Competition: Kickoff and Kit Pickup
November 26 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Curry Public Library’s 5th Annual
GINGERBREAD HOUSE COMPETITION
2022 Theme: A Rogue River Winter
STARTING SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26 AT 10AM
Pick up a free gingerbread house kit from the library (first come, first served, while supplies last), purchase your own kit, or make your own gingerbread house at home.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10: 2PM-4PM
Bring your completed house and entry slip for an in-person judging extravaganza at the library featuring wintry treats, local celebrity judges, and fabulous prizes! Attendance is encouraged as judging is planned to be interactive. Wear an ugly sweater for a chance to win prizes in our ugly sweater contest.
- Participants are welcome to use the kit provided, their own kit, or to make their own gingerbread house from scratch. Regardless, all parts of gingerbread house display must be edible, with the exception of the base/platform for the house.
- To be eligible into entry in the “family” division, at least one member of your household must be under the age of 18.
Prizes will be given in three different divisions: Family, Adult, and ASCEND After School Program and will be awarded by judges from local businesses including Jerry’s Rogue Jets, Leavened, The Old Agness Store, and Century 21. Attendance at the December 10 event is strongly encouraged as judging is planned to be interactive. In each division, prizes will be awarded for the following:
- Best overall gingerbread house
- Most creative use of food items
- Best presentation of the theme “A Rogue River Winter”