View this page for jobs and requests for proposals for library contracts.
Jobs and Library Contracts
Library Tech Lab Coordinator+
CURRY PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT is currently seeking applicants for the position of: Library Tech Lab Coordinator
Application Deadline: open until filled, application review will begin March 1, 2023
Curry Public Library District is seeking a dedicated, candidate with excellent technical and creative skills, as well as the ability to effectively communicate, teach, and organize in the tech lab environment.
The Library Tech Lab Coordinator reports to the Library Director and is responsible for coordinating services and programs in the library’s tech lab space including: staffing the space and coordinating with other library personnel to staff the space during open hours; assisting patrons with projects using the lab space and equipment, maintaining lab equipment; providing instructional workshops focused on using the lab equipment; working with the Programs Librarian and the Library Director to plan classes and other programs focused on graphic design, 3D modeling, computer programming, advanced printing functions, and other technology related topics. The position requires attention to detail and a working understanding of networked computer systems. The position also requires a commitment to the library’s mission of providing the public with access to quality materials and services to meet their recreational, informational, and educational needs, and to promote reading and lifelong learning for all.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide top-level customer service to tech lab users, and assist patrons with projects using the lab space and equipment.
- Staff the tech lab space and coordinate with other library personnel to staff the space for approximately 20 hours per week during the lab’s open hours (TBD).
- Communicate with library staff about the tech lab.
- Keep lab spaces clean and orderly.
- Monitor and report maintenance and supply issues to designated library staff.
- Keep an adequate inventory of supplies to ensure equipment is operational at all times.
- Advise the Library Director on continued development of the lab’s equipment and functionality.
- Develop documentation on the use and maintenance of all equipment.
- Develop tech lab equipment help sheets and online resources for patrons.
- Provide/coordinate instructional workshops focused on using the lab equipment (see library website for a full list).
- Work with the Programs Librarian to plan classes and other programs focused on graphic design, 3D modeling, computer programming, advanced printing functions, and other technology related topics.
- Maintain security of the tech lab space.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of work experience in a public service focused environment.
- Excellent customer service and people skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Skills and experience in at least one (more is ideal) of the following areas: physical manufacturing, DIY making, 3D printing, CNC tooling, and sewing.
- Proficiency with at least one (more is ideal) of the following software applications: 3D printing slicer, 3D modeling software (Sketchup, Fusion 360, Blender, Meshmixer, Solidworks, Rhino, 3DS max…), Adobe Products (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Audition, Premiere Pro, Express, Rush…), Google Docs workspace (docs, sheets…), Microsoft Windows based computer systems.
- Other tech and maker-related skills that could replace any of the above like
- online gaming/ streaming
- video production/ content creation
- Drone building/ operation
- Make Magazine project Nerd
- AI usage/ development
- 3D Scanning
- General Pulse on Tech world
- An understanding of networks, databases, and computer hardware.
- Willingness to learn new skills to keep the current lab offerings similar, with the ability to expand into their own personal interest of Tech.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Work will occur in a temperature controlled indoor facility.
- Job requires remaining seated for extended periods of time.
- Job requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Job requires occasional bending and lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Work Schedule: This position will begin in April 2023 or as soon as a candidate is selected and ready for work. The Tech Lab Coordinator will work a schedule to be determined with 20 regular weekly hours during the library’s public hours.
Compensation: $15.00-$18.00 per hour
Application Process: Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and completed employment application. Our general employment applications is available on this page. Paper copies can be picked up an application (M-F, 9-5) at the Curry Public Library, 94341 3RD Street, Gold Beach, Oregon 97444
Completed application materials may be submitted by mailing or delivering the application materials to:
Curry Public Library
Attn: Library Director
94341 3RD Street
Gold Beach, Oregon 97444
If you require accommodation to participate in our application process, please contact Jeremy Skinner at 541-247-3452. This District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
General Application +
A general application is required to be considered for employment for all jobs at Curry Public Library. If you wish to have one on file with the library, please complete the application below, print it out, and bring it to the library.
Library Contracts +
Meeting Hall Audio Video Upgrade Project:
Curry Public Library District is seeking the services of an auto-video consultant and installer to
plan, procure equipment, and install new audio-video in the library’s large meeting room
according to the attached specifications. To bid on this project, go to: Audio-Video RFP.
Solar Installation Project:
Curry Public Library District is seeking the services of a qualified solar power installer to procure, permit, and install a photovoltaic system with hybrid inverters and a battery bank. To see the project specification and to bid, go to: Solar RFP.