Specified learning center spaces are available to the public for educational, cultural, intellectual, and civic activities such as discussion groups, panels, lectures, conferences, and seminars. The Meeting Hall and the Conference Room can be reserved by groups for educational purposes by completing the online form on this page.
To learn more about room use policies at Curry Public Library, read our space usage rules and fees below.
Contact Rebecca Marcus with any questions at email@example.com
Complete and Submit+
Space Usage Rules and Fees
Curry Public Library makes specified Library Learning Center spaces (the meeting hall and small conference room) available to the public they serve and make such facilities available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use. The Library does not discriminate in making its premises available on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual preference, age or physical limitation.
Any group utilizing the facilities for any purpose shall comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which requires that a meeting or materials at a meeting be provided in an accessible format in response to a request by any person.
Use of Library Learning Center facilities does not imply endorsement, support, or co-sponsorship by the Curry Public Library District of the activities that take place or the beliefs of the group using the rooms. Neither the name nor address of the Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization.
Library Learning Center spaces are designed for learning. This includes educational, cultural, intellectual, and civic activities such as discussion groups, panels, lectures, conferences, and seminars. Library Learning Center spaces may not be used for private social functions like weddings and parties.
Reservations of the spaces will be made on a first-come, first-serve basis. First priority shall be granted to Curry Public Library programs. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Organizations may apply to have their usage fees and equipment costs reduced or waived by the Library. Consideration for a fee reduction/waiver will be given to organizations sponsoring programs that are free and open to the public and serve a valuable education and civic function. All insurance certifications will still be required.
The library offers other spaces, including our lobby and our virtual meeting pod which is suitable for use by individuals. These other spaces can be used in compliance with the library’s regular general rules of conduct, and do not require any fees or insurance certifications.
Insurance Requirements +
Certain activities, performances, events, and instructional classes require insurance and the documentation of a Certificate of Liability Insurance. The following represents the types of uses which will require Certificates of Insurance. This should not be considered a complete listing.
- Any program requiring use of computer or audio/visual equipment.
- Any program in which participants engage in physical activities.
- Any program for children under the age of 18.
- Instructional programs involving overtly hazardous equipment, tools, or materials.
Users of the space will maintain liability insurance coverage of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence for commercial general liability (if alcohol is served insurance coverage must be $2,000,000 per occurrence) to cover any liability arising out of or associated with this event, and agrees to name Curry Public Library, its officers, agents, and employees as an additional insured on such policy. Documentation of liability insurance coverage through existing business, residential, or organization may be acceptable but regardless, Curry Public Library shall be listed as “Certificate Holder” with additional insured endorsement or applicable policy language providing documentation of such coverage attached to the certificate before approval of space will be granted. Documentation shall be provided not less than one week prior to the scheduled event along with the contract and rental fee if applicable.
Waivers of any insurance requirements will only be made by the Library Director.
- Reservations will be made by completing an application on the Curry Public Library website or by communication with the learning center coordinator. All applications will be approved or disapproved at the sole discretion of the library. An application for use does not assure approval.
- The Learning Center Coordinator, or other designated library staff member, will contact the applicant to set up a facility agreement and for any payment of fees. The library accepts cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Room use applications must be made at least one week in advance. Notice of cancellation of a room reservation must be given at least 24 hours in advance.
- Curry Public Library reserves the right to regulate the frequency of room use by any group or individual in order to ensure equitable access by eligible applicants. For recurring events, individual groups will be eligible to reserve the space no more than one time per week.
Meeting Hall Fees
- Meeting Hall Base Rate: $30 per hour
- Base rate includes: tables, chairs for under 100 people, wi-fi, dry-erase board, wall-mounted U.S. flag, partitions (for mounting posters), podium, and setup and takedown of all tables and chairs.
- Meeting Hall Add-on Amenities:
- Enhanced A/V (mics/speakers, data projection/screen, laptop, laser pointer)- $5
- Hybrid Zoom meeting setup (pendant mics, camera system, training) – $40
- Kitchen (access to refrigerator, ice machine, dishwasher, water coolers, warming over)-$15
- Outdoor setup (parking lot barricades, tables, chairs, waste receptacles)- $50
- Stage setup- $50
- Extra seating (for event with seating for 100+ people)- $75
Conference Room Fees
- Conference Room Base Rate: $15 per hour
- Base rate includes: tables, chairs, sink, wi-fi, dry erase board
- Conference Room Add-on Amenities:
- Flat panel monitor and/or laptop-$5
- Video teleconferencing equipment- $10
Conditions of Use+
Room Use Expectations
- Nothing may be attached to the walls or doors
- No glitter, confetti, candles, or other
- Space users will be required to bag all trash and make sure all table surfaces are clean.
- Space users may bring non-catered or catered food into spaces, but are required to leave the rooms clean.
- The space user shall not exceed maximum occupancy as listed below:
- Meeting Hall: 160
- Conference Room: 20
Catering Access and Beverage Service
- Arrangements for catering and linens are the responsibility of the Caterers will have access to a warming oven, a refrigerator, a freezer, a dishwasher, and an ice machine, but not other equipment or food prep space.
- The Library expects all garbage bagged, and table tops wiped down.
Tobacco and Alcohol Use
- No smoking, vaping, or use of tobacco is permitted in the building or within 10 feet of the building.
- Marijuana shall not be sold or consumed on the premises.
- Alcohol shall not be sold or consumed on the premises unless proper licensure has been procured and approval has been granted by the Library Director.
- Proof of Liquor Liability Insurance with $2,000,000 limit should be included with the certificate of insurance(s) that are provided at least one week prior to the event.
- Liquor liability coverage should name Curry Public Library, its officers, agents and employees as an additional insured with documentation provided with the certificate of insurance.
- In publicizing a use of Library Learning Center rooms, the Library phone number should not be listed for further information, and the sponsoring group must be clearly identified. Groups must not imply Library endorsement or sponsorship of their program in their publicity.
- An inspection will be completed by a Library staff member after use of the space. The rental space must be left in reasonable condition (garbage bagged, table surfaces cleaned, no property damage). If space is damaged or unclean, the space user will be assessed a fee for repair and/or cleaning of the space.
Key Fob Access:
- Users of the space will access the building via a pre-programmed key fob for events scheduled outside of the Library’s regular operating hours. The user will receive the key fob and door procedures at the signing of the contract. Key fobs are to be returned within 24 hours after the end of scheduled use or by the end of the next business day to a Library staff member. Failure to return key fob will result in a $20 fee.