Do you have ideas about how your public library can serve you and your peers better? Are you a social media star? Tired of the selection of books available at the library? Join Curry Public Library’s Teen Advisory Board (TAB) and have your voice be heard. Curry Public Library is seeking motivated teens (13-18 years) to help make the library experience more relevant to their lives. We want to hear what you have to say, so apply today!
Application and Active Status Qualifications for Curry Public Library Teen Advisory Board (TAB)
- Must be between 13 and 18 years of age, and have, or be willing to obtain a Curry Public Library Card.
- Must be willing to commit two hours once a month for meetings.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment.
- Must be interested in the library and improving library services for teens.
- Must attend at least two Teen/YA programs yearly.
- Must keep in good standing with the library, meaning no library fees over $5
- Must plan and execute, with help from TAB advisor, one Teen/YA program per year.
- Must help with planning and implementation of the Teen/YA Summer Reading Program.
- Must be willing to help with development of online and social-media materials for CPL website.
Benefits of Being a TAB Member
- Develop leadership, planning, and communications skills.
- Chance to earn volunteer hours throughout the year.
- Looks good on college/job applications.
- Get recommendation letters and references for future endeavors.
- Chance to help CPL develop relevant and timely Teen/YA programming.
- Help decide what materials get incorporated into the Teen and YA collections at CPL.
- Be a force for good in your community.
- Have fun and make friends.