Curry Public Library District
94341 3rd Street, Gold Beach, Oregon 97444
is currently seeking applicants for the position of:
Library Administrative Coordinator
Application Deadline: open until filled
Curry Public Library District is seeking a dedicated, hard-working, detail-oriented candidate with good communication skills and experience working as an office manager and providing high quality public service. The Library Administrative Coordinator reports to the library director and is responsible for managing library schedules and room reservations. They will also be responsible for some external communication functions, including responding to patron concerns and coordinating contracted services. The Library Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of library public service functions, including staffing the library service desk and assisting patrons with information and technology needs. While working at the service desk, the Public Services Assistant will also be responsible for helping to maintain order on the library shelves through re-shelving and shelf reading. The Public Services Assistant must demonstrate a commitment to the library’s mission of providing the public with access to quality materials and services to meet their recreational, informational, and educational needs, and to promote reading and lifelong learning for all.
- Two years of college coursework.
- Two years of work experience working as an office manager or coordinator.
- Experience working in a public service focused environment, preferably a library.
- Highly effective professional communication skills in writing and in person. Communication skills are the most important aspect of this job, and all forms of communication will be reviewed in detail. A writing sample will be required.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Competency must be demonstrated.
- Experience managing websites.
- Experience working in Curry County, Oregon.
- Experience working with Quick Books.
- Experience using WordPress.
- Experience managing reservations.
Wage Range: $12 – $17 per hour depending on qualifications. An average of 20 hours per week including weekend work shifts.
A letter of interest and a resume are required for all applicants. These documents should be submitted by email to: email@example.com
A full application and additional materials will be sent to applicants who submit a letter and resume and meet the minimum qualifications of the job.
If you require accommodation to participate in our application process, please contact Jeremy Skinner at 541-247-3452. This District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.